The Participation Team was created to reflect ARK’s dedication to operating in a person-centred way at all levels of the organisation, as well as assisting tenants and service users in pursuing an active role in their own lives and in their community.
The Participation Team is here to:
- Assist tenants and service users to build their confidence and support them in speaking up about their service.
- Enable tenants and service users to be involved in decisions made by ARK.
- Enable tenants and service users to speak up in other forums and influence what affects them.
- Enable tenants and service users to be involved in choosing the people who support them.
- Enable tenants and service users to be involved in writing policies that affect them, and making them easier to understand.
- Enable tenants and service users to take part in national and local campaigns.
- Effect change either in service delivery or their environment.
- Ensure that all recipients of ARK services are aware of the Association’s Complaints policy.
- Organise meetings, conferences and other groups for people to come together to discuss issues and ideas.
ARK Housing Association is a member of NIN – the National Involvement Network and has signed up to the NIN Charter for Involvement.
The Charter’s 12 statements show how people who use support services want to be involved:
- In the services they get
- In the organisations that provide their services
- In their wider communities
“It used to be that other people spoke for you, and nothing ever got done. Now we speak for ourselves and have much more control over things.”
Agnes McFerrin, ARK tenant and service user
You can contact the Participation team here.