Linlithgow Support Worker
Linlithgow Support Workers
5 x 30 Hour contract Available
Relief Support Workers
£10.50 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
The Linlithgow service is a core and cluster model where Ark owns all 9 flats and they are all situated in close proximity of each other with the staff office in the middle. We are centrally based in Linlithgow, close to the train station and all the local amenities these include the supermarket, train station, GP surgery, Dentist, sports facilities, Bars and restaurants.
Our support workers support our people using a person centered approach to live their lives to their full potential and to feel included in the community.
We have 1 and 2 bedroom flats, some of our supported people need 24 hour support and others only need short periods of support.
We offer a personalised service to meet the individual’s needs this includes support to maintain their tenancies, finances, personal care, health & social support.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
- Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
The job outline is here: Job Outline
Please note that 2 of the positions available you will require a Full UK Drivers license.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- Total pension contribution of 8%. Ark contribute 4% and the employee contribute 4%
- Employee recognition schemes
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- We pay for your initial SSSC registration
- We pay for you to join the PVG scheme
- Discounts in a wide range of well known retailers and travel providers
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.
To apply, click the link below.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694